If you meet the following criteria:
- you are an educator
- you have a colleague(s) who will team up with you
- you are willing to share what you learn at this conference with others in your school/district
- you receive approval from your school or district administrator
- your school/district has a financial need
- your school/district has demonstrated a commitment to technology
- your application is received on time (deadline is Friday, October 28, 2016)
You and your colleague(s) may qualify for free registration to attend this important event for one day.
There are two different scholarship opportunities available:
Scholarships for Pairs – NHSAA & NHSTE offer CMTC Scholarships for 20 pairs of educators seeking to attend CMTC who might not have the opportunity to do so because of limited funding resources. Follow these directions to apply for a $330 scholarship that covers registration costs for two people, including lunch, for one day:
- Find a colleague who is interested in learning more about educational technology
- Download and complete the application stating why you would like to attend
- Describe how you intend to share the information gained by attending this conference with others from your district
Scholarship for a District Team – The H. Charles Larracey Memorial Scholarship is awarded in recognition of H. Charles Larracey, a distinguished New Hampshire educational leader from Keene and one of the original founders of this conference. Two team scholarships for a full day at the Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference are granted. These two team scholarships are given annually in memory of Chuck’s belief in the potential of teamwork and the power of high-quality professional development.
Successful teams will consist of 8 to 12 members from a school system, including a broad representation of roles (teachers, administrators, school board members, and others). Your application should include a list of members and your reason for applying. It should also signify your willingness to use the results for improving the integration of technology in your schools. The scholarship includes free registration for all team members for one day (preferably the same day) at the conference. The amount of this award ranges from $1,320 to $1,980 per team.
The deadline to complete and return the application form is Friday, October 28